National Certificate: Occupationally Directed – Education, Training & Development Practices
SAQA Number 50334
Duration: 5 modules of 5 days each, over a period of 10 months
The purpose of this qualification is for learning and development practitioners (private training consultants and company facilitators/human resource development co-coordinators) who want to build on their experience in the field, or enter the field of Education, Training and Development as a potential career. The qualification is also essential for those who have been practising within the field, without formal recognition, and for any organisation that wishes to be accredited to offer registered qualifications.
It is a learnership to train trainers for industry/business and encompasses a host of vital skills, including facilitator, assessor, moderator, programme/material developer and evaluator, guidance and support (mentorship), as well as the entire suite of registered unit standards for Skills Development Facilitators
The qualification will be useful for:
- Facilitators of learning
- Assessors and Moderators
- Skills Development Facilitators
- Learner and learning supporters (Mentors)
- Learning Material Developers
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
From a personal perspective:
- Identify and solve problems in relation to the design and organisation of learning opportunities
- Work effectively with others as a member of ETD teams
- Organise and manage oneself and one’s activities responsibly and effectively
- Collect, analyse, organise and critically evaluate information about learners, learning needs, resources, organisational requirements and national ETD strategies
- Communicate effectively when presenting information to learners
- Show responsibility when using ETD related technology
From a workplace perspective:
- Conduct skills development facilitation.
- Communicate in a variety of ETD settings
- Design and develop learning programmes and processes
- Facilitate and evaluate learning
- Engage in and promote assessment practices
- Provide learning support to learners and organisations
Who should attend:
Any person with experience in the subject/occupation field in which they intend to provide education, training and development should attend this training.
Programme Rollout and Modularisation:
This programme leads to a full qualification, and is offered as 5 x 5 day modules over 10 months.
It is preferred that the modules are done over five consecutive days every five to six weeks for maximum learning transfer to occur.
The modules are titled:
- Identify and Resource the Development and Learning Process
- Conduct and Record Assessment and Moderation
- Implement the Learning and Development Process
- Facilitate Learning
- Evaluate Learning
Programme Assessment for Competence:
Candidates are provided with practical and theoretical assignments which combine to form the Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). It is planned that 80% of assignments are completed during contact time, and a few assignments are completed between modules in the candidates own time.
The facilitator/assessor conducts assessments, provides feedback, and where competent, the candidate is certificated by ETDP SETA.
For further information, download a proposal or contact Simphiwe Zuma:
on – 031 467 5640
or e-mail email@example.com